Monday, June 21, 2010

ACCEPTANCE LETTER!

I've been pining over the mail box for the past couple weeks waiting to get a response to a submission inquiry I sent out in March and had just about given up hope when I found in my email

AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER!

silly me for thinking that a Portland based organization would be anything less than eco-friendly by sending digital mail rather than physical mail.

The women's literary journal VoiceCatcher (www.voicecatcher.org) has accepted my poem "I did not keep it a secret, I just didn't tell you" for their 2010 edition!

I'm blown away by the sheer honor of this acceptance and though faith in my art has never wavered I have not allowed myself the illusion that anything I create might be considered acceptable art by anyone but myself.

So thank you to anyone who has ever listened to my poetry (I know there's a lot of you), and everyone over the years who has encouraged me to continue to share and to get myself out there, I really could not have gotten this far without you.

On another note I have recently completed a compilation project and now, after countless hours of editing and frustrating days of formatting, have a BOOK!
It is currently being reviewed by Publication Studio (www.publicationstudio.biz)

My current project is to get a few copies printed and bound for pre-publication release, I should have the rough-cut copies available at the reading at the St. John Booksellers-details below:

Saturday, June 26th
St. John's Booksellers
8622 North Lombard Street
Portland, OR 97203
12-1:30pm
Free

Everything is so exciting these days. Thank you again for your support and hope to be sharing words with you soon!

Love always,
Celestial Concubine

No comments:

Post a Comment